Monday, April 13, 2009

2009-04-13



This is "The Rice Krispy Treat Spoon," as it is known in my family. It previously belonged to my great-grandmother. I have no idea how often she used it or what types of things she used it for. It is suspected that my great-grandfather made it for her. There were two of these in her belongings. Mom has one, I have the other. I don't know how I stumbled onto using it to make Rice Krispy Treats; probably out of desperation. I bet I got to the melting part and needed a spoon only to find none in the drawer near the stove, but this would have been there. But ever since the first time I used it, whenever that was, I have used nothing else. It is the *perfect* utensil for that purpose. It is very smooth, and it is perfectly flat on both sides, so there aren't any bowls and crevices for marshmallows or krispies to get caught. The end is also the perfect curvature to fit into the curve at the bottom of my huge pot. People tell me all the time that my RKTs are the best they have ever had (seriously!). I can't help but think that part of it is due to the magic of this spoon. Thanks, Great-Grandmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment