Monday, January 30, 2012

2012-01-30



This is not really the photo I intended to take. I was trying to show that we did get *something* done with the lighting in our house this weekend. After living here for two years with no light in the dining room (long story, don't ask), we finally put something up. This fixture actually came out of one of the bedrooms (no, I can't explain the lighting choices the previous owners made!); we swapped it for a ceiling fan before we moved in (see, we *can* change out light fixtures). What you can't see in the photo is the large white circle around the fixture hole on the beige ceiling. There used to be a medallion up there (again, don't ask), but they didn't paint under it. I kept meaning to paint, but didn't, and I didn't want to hang a light until I painted, so 2+ years later, still no paint and no light. After the kitchen light fiasco yesterday, we decided that we've had enough darkness, so we put this up. I can always paint later (yeah, right). So, I was trying to get a shot of this light up in the room, white ceiling circle and all, and the camera really dimmed the exposure because of the bright bulbs. I did get a shot exposed the way I intended, but looking at them later, I really liked how this one looked. Don't you just love "happy accidents"?

No comments:

Post a Comment