Friday, February 6, 2009

2009-02-06



Just to cap off my crappy week, this is what we found when we got to daycare to pick up Luke this afternoon. Luke's eyes were still red and his nose was still running from crying. The original bandaids were spotted with blood that continued to get larger for the next couple of hours. (This photo is of the fresh bandaids I put on after we got home, with much crying involved, though not as bad as it could have been.) Apparently, he was running outside, tripped and fell, and scraped the skin off the top joint of two fingers. The ring finger is just a couple of layers; it barely bled. The middle finger is substantially deeper. Not so bad that I feel the need to go to the doctor, but it sure will take a while to heal. Thank goodness it is his left hand, though he is currently insisting that he can't do things, like zip his jacket or pull up his pants, by himself. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it hurts, which is why for today, we let it go. Tomorrow, maybe. By Sunday, he needs to be figuring out how to do it for himself. The real kicker here is that I had planned to leave work around 4:15 today. I ended up not leaving until about 4:40. The accident happened at 4:45. If I had just been able to leave on time, we would have picked him up around 4:35-4:40, and it never would have happened in the first place. It's just been that kind of week. All. Week. Long. I hope next week is better.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope he's better soon. Don't beat yourself up for it! You had no way of knowing this. {{Erin and Luke}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you both lots of sympathy. It sounds like you need it.

    ReplyDelete