Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2009-02-18



Nature is putting on quite the show tonight! We watched the cloud to cloud lightning all the way home this evening, and I really wanted to try and get a shot of it. There are so many trees around our house that such an objective was difficult, but I finally found a somewhat clear spot. I'm sure there were better settings to use, but this is the best I could do in a hurry. This was also handheld with a 1 second exposure, so it is blurry, but not too bad I don't think. (There was no place to put the tripod that you could still see the clouds over the trees.) And because it was cloud to cloud, there weren't any huge blazing bolts, just a lot of highlighting the cloud contours from within. Very pretty, and I'm fairly pleased with my spur of the moment results. There was a little contrast enhancement here, but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment