Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2009-02-11



We almost never celebrate Valentine's Day on February 14 anymore. Too many people, too long of a wait, especially this year with V-Day being on a Saturday. Not on your life! So we celebrated Wednesday instead. We went to our favorite Japanese Hibachi restaurant, Fuji Ya (at LaVista and 285, near Best Buy, for any locals). It's probably not the best or the most authentic, but we like it, and being a more "hole in the wall" type place, their prices are very reasonable compared to many other Hibachi places. Luke doesn't eat anything there (we took him Wendy's and got him a bowl of steamed rice), but I probably didn't either when I was 4. I don't remember the first time I actually ate Japanese, but I am pretty sure I was more like 8 or 9. Happy Heart Day to us!

1 comment:

  1. First time you went to a Japanese Hibachi you were maybe 3. You ate Cheetoes with the chopsticks rubberbanded to resemble tweezers.

    ReplyDelete