Monday, January 12, 2009

2009-01-12



Luke has been fascinated by his little Etch-A-Sketch ever since we bought it for him. I can hear it squeaking and squealing as the point scrapes along the back side of the screen. He was so proud of today's creation, he couldn't wait to show me. Of course, it is difficult to see backseat artwork from the front seat, particularly while driving. He managed to contain himself the last couple of miles and not wipe it away, which tells me how truly proud of it he was. As soon as I had the car parked at daycare, I hear "Look, Mom, Grimlock!" For those not in the know, Grimlock is a T-Rex Transformer. Sure enough, I could easily see what he was referring to. I'm not sure if he set out to draw Grimlock, or if he was just doodling and then "saw it" in his random creation (sort of like playing the "what shape do you see in that cloud" game). It is either fairly amazing Etch-A-Sketch skills for a 4 year old, or a pretty significant mental leap. Either way, I'm impressed!

And if you look carefully at the center of the screen, you can clearly see that this photo was taken with my cell phone. It is certainly not a high quality camera, but it gets the job done in a pinch like this. That will teach me to leave my Elph home in the mornings because we're "just going to school."

1 comment:

  1. The first thing I saw was New England, with a ghost of upside down Texas to the left. After the mention of Grimlock, I totally see it too!

    ReplyDelete