Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009-01-14



I was de-Christmas-ing the house today, and as I was removing the ornaments from the (fake) tree, I remembered a very pleasant surprise with these particular ornaments. Anyone familiar with classic Disney should have no trouble recognizing what these two ornaments represent. There are two others (obviously) that I knew Luke would recognize. He's grown up on Disney, so he is very familiar with the three-circle Mickey shape (the Mickey ornament was red on bottom and shiny black on top, the Minnie ornament was teal on bottom, shiny black on top, with a pink bow between the ears). I knew he would know Mickey and Minnie immediately. I wasn't so sure about these. He only watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for about 9 months before switching to (mainly) Little Einsteins. We hadn't seen MMCH in months when I put these on the tree, so I wasn't sure if he would make the connection. Just a couple of days later, he was checking out the tree and pointed to the one on the right. "Look, Mom, Goofy's hat!" Then he saw the other one. "And Donald's hat, too." Needless to say, I was pleased as punch!

No comments:

Post a Comment